Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Modern Silhouette Nativity

     It is finally November.  Yay!  Time to start getting ready for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I actually feel like I am on top of some Christmas decorations and presents this year, which is great because usually I am coming up with super Christmas ideas around January 1. ;)

     I have been trying to come up with new ideas of things to make with my Silhouette machine.  I want to use it and not just leave it collecting dust!  All of my ideas lately seem to use the black vinyl.  Maybe I will branch out soon, but I love this new project black vinyl and all!

     I call it a Modern Silhouette Nativity.  It is different than the nativity scenes you normally see at people's homes. This one can sit on a shelf, mantel, table, etc...or be hung on the wall!


For this project I used designs from the Silhouette store.  Each frame was one design.  I had to ungroup the shepherds and the wisemen to put them in the positions that I wanted them.  I can find the specific names if anyone wants them, but it is probably easiest to just search for "Nativity" in the shop.

2 comments:

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

Those are great! I wish I had a Silhouette Machine!

Big D and Me said...

I love how this looks - it looks a lot more elegant than the broken figurines I have from China - I must remember to do this - thanks for sharing

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails